Voter Help Desk
How do I obtain the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB)?

The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) is easily available through The Overseas Vote website and can be found here. You can also visit our website’s homepage and click “View Details” under “Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot” to access the FWAB form. 

You are eligible to use it if you are a registered overseas or military voter or if your state accepts it as a simultaneous registration and ballot. The following states require you to register and request an Absentee Ballot before filling out the FWAB form: AL, AS, AR, CT, FL, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, NH, NJ, NM, NY, PA, PR, RI, SD, TX, WI, WV, and WY.*

*Please note the source of this information is The Federal Voting Assistance Program ( and that it is subject to change. The U.S. Vote Foundation and Overseas Vote cannot be held responsible for this information.


Choose another category: