Overseas Ballots are sent as of 45 days prior to the election - good idea to check it if yours has not appeared yet!
You can go to the our State Voting Information directory:
Look up your State and "State Look up Tools" and try to check status that way as well. Your state may have a "WHERE'S MY BALLOT" lookup.
If the above suggestion does not give you an affirmative answer, please look up and call your election office to check (they manage ballot delivery to voters).
You can go to the Election Official Directory on our website and look up your state and voting region. All contact information for your local election office will appear for you. More and more election offices are listing a "Local Overseas Voter Contact." If there is a contact person in that position, start with him/her. You will also see a Local Election Official contact.
When you contact your election official to request confirmation that you are registered to vote and will be sent an absentee ballot, please be prepared to provide the following:
- Name under which you registered
- The voting residence address that you provided on your application
- Your birth date (use just the year if you are sending the request through email)
- ONLY* the last 4 digits of your social security number
* Note: never email your complete 9-digit social security number due to the risk of identity theft!
If you cannot obtain your ballot, please use the Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot available here: