Voter Help Desk
Which address do I use if I've never lived in the U.S.?

For eligible voters in this category, you should use your U.S. citizen parent's last U.S. residence address, if overseas civilian, and if military, use your parent's legal residence, as your own voting residence address.

Check that you are registering in one of the states that allow U.S. citizens born overeas who have never lived in the U.S. to vote, and verify the specific rules of the state. See the question entitled: As an American born overseas, can I vote?

To qualify, your parent must also be eligible to vote. If both of your parents are U.S. citizens and have different last U.S. residence address/es or current address/es, (or, if military, legal residence), you may choose either address.


Choose another category: